Thursday, February 4, 2010

Let's Do It Again! Let's Do It, Let's Do It...

Sorry, those lyrics just got in my head from watching a commercial featuring the Black Eyed Peas.  Fitting though, because yesterday we got approval for David's second CI!  Without even a peep from the insurance company!  This is so exciting!  I'm very nervous for how David is going to react because now he's far more aware of what's up than he was 6 months ago, but it's great that he will be bilateral so young.  I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, so I'm excited with a lower case "e" (little reference to American Idol).  I'll be calling them tomorrow to make sure everything is set, so I'll keep you posted.  Cross your fingers! 

I also was sent this study by our AVT which basically says that kids with CIs view their quality of life similar to their hearing peers.  This is what it's all about, right?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment