Wednesday, July 1, 2009

CAT Scan Tomorrow


So I'm finally getting the hang of this blog thing.  I'm still tweaking the appearance of the page and will add some photos soon, but I think I've got it down.  Now I can start updating everyone on what's going on with baby David!

Tomorrow David goes for his CAT scan to make sure everything is intact in his ears for the cochlear implant.  Since his hearing loss is due to connexin-26, we don't expect to find any abnormalities.  I'll let everyone knows how it turns out tomorrow.

We're paying special attention to all new sounds that David is making to see how's he's hitting the milestones of language development.  He's currently behind his hearing peers, but he is starting to make some new sounds, which is exciting.  Last week he started making the "ma" sound and today he starting making the "na" sound.  Not babbling yet, but baby steps.  

Since this is my first post, I want to include a link to a poem by Emily Perl Kingsley that I keep going back to.  It's hard to describe to friends and family what it's like to have a child with a disability, but I think this poem says it beautifully.  Click here http://the-callahans.com/susete/poem3.htm 

Here's another picture of our little star!


No comments:

Post a Comment