Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Yes, I'm two weeks late, but things have been kinda busy around here.  I can't believe I'm looking at the calendar and it says 2010 and David has been around to see three years!  Looking back at 2009, I think I will remember it as the hardest, most emotional, and proudest year of my life -  the year that Steve and I went through the joy of having a new baby boy, the grief and sadness of learning about his deafness, the anger and blame that came with the diagnosis, and the year that we became experts on cochlear implants, made decisions that will change David's future, and became advocates for David.

2009 gave us David's CI surgery and his first hearing day.  His progress has been nothing short of amazing (in my opinion) in just two short months.  I just can't wait to see how he develops in the coming months.  2010 has much in store for our family, and there are many unknowns.  Steve already started a new job last week.  Maybe a new job for me?  Maybe a second cochlear implant for David?  Hopefully a much needed vacation?  I have many hopes, dreams and worries, but am certain that 2010 will bring us more joy than we know what to do with.

No comments:

Post a Comment