Thursday, September 10, 2009

Still Waiting

For the past two weeks I've been calling our surgeon's office to see if our insurance company approved David's surgery. Again today, I was told not yet. It's under clinical review and hopefully we'll have an answer in the next week or so. I still can't understand why it's so difficult to prove that a baby needs to hear....BEFORE A YEAR OLD PEOPLE! A medical necessity? How about some freakin' common sense. I don't know why 12 mos is the magic number for the FDA - David already weighs more than most one year olds. Anywho, we set a tentative surgery date set for October 8th! David will be exactly 10 months old. Hopefully he'll be hearing by Halloween so he can hear us tell him how adorable he is in his pumpkin costume! I knew the day would come, but I never thought it would ACTUALLY come. Now the dopes at Empire just need to come through.

No comments:

Post a Comment